Frequently Asked Questions
Most Commonly Asked: What book of yours should I read first/what is your reading order?
Welcome to the most helpful page on the site! You should be able to answer any question your heart desires about me, my books, or the craziness that is my life. ;) You can use the pinned menu on the side to hop between sections at ease or the jump to menu below. If there's a question you need answered that isn't on this page, click here to go to my contacts page and fill out the form. You can also email me at author(at)cmstunich.com or message me on Facebook.
Jump To Sections:
1. Do you offer any free books so I can try your writing out?
Yes! I put my heart and soul into everything that I write and I'm so confident that you'll like my work that I'm offering several free books for you to try.
First, get *three free* ebooks and six bonus short stories by signing up for my newsletter here. Your free books will be automatically delivered to your email once you complete the sign up process.
Next, I'm in the process of making three other novels of mine permanently free on all retailers. These titles will be Real Ugly, Clan of the Griffin Riders: Chryer's Crest, and A Werewolf Christmas. ***UPDATE: Real Ugly & A Werewolf Christmas are FREE!***
And then ... I'm in the process of getting books uploaded on Wattpad and Kindle Scout that you can read for free. These will most likely include a mixture of romance and young adult. Links will be added once they're available.
Lastly, I offer several books as part of Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program (like Netflix but with books!). Which books I offer for free reading through that program varies depending on the time of year and changes constantly. To see which ones are available, browse my Amazon author pages here and here and look for the Kindle Unlimited stamp.
2. You sure write a lot of books! How do I get started on my C.M. Stunich (or Violet Blaze) reading journey? There are so many choices! Do you have a recommendation?
I'm happy to help! Thanks for trusting me; I promise I won't let you down. My books each have a piece of my soul embedded in the words. I take them very seriously, so I know you'll be happy with any C.M. or Violet book in your hands.
If you're new here, I suggest taking a look at the genres and deciding where to go from there. Some people love gritty dark romance while others prefer a lighthearted comedic romp. I write in just about every sub-genre in romance, erotica, young adult, and urban fantasy, so I'm sure we can find you the perfect book.
Here are some easy recommendations:
1. Real Ugly - this is a FREE gritty rockstar romantic suspense
2. Stepbrother Thief - this is a stand-alone second chance romance
3. Taming Her Boss - my personal favorite
4. The Feed - my best fantasy novel
If you'd like some more options, try browsing the books by cover page and pick the design that stands out to you!
2. What genres do you write?
8. What age groups do you write for? Which books are safe for people under 18 years of age? Which are adult only?
15. Can I order signed paperbacks, swag packs, or other goodies from you?
14. Where can I buy your books?
5. When are you going to finish (INSERT SERIES HERE)?
4. Are all your books part of a series?
6. When are you going to publish (INSERT BOOK HERE)?
9. I'm a blogger/professional reviewer, how do I sign up for ARC copies, review copies, or promotional tours?
7. How do you write so fast/so many books?
11. I'm a blogger looking for donations for my giveaway, can you donate?
10. I'm a blogger and I want you for an interview/takeover/etc, can you do it?
3. Need cover images/promo graphics/purchase links/etc to share the CM love?
A little bit of everything! Mostly romance, of course, but I have books in all sorts of popular genres: young adult, urban fantasy, steampunk, erotica, new adult, etc. Basically, I've got a little something for everybody. Try browsing by genre to get a little taste of my work.
It's still under construction, but check back here for links to my promo page where you can download wallpapers, copy purchase links to share, even download a CM Stunich app. In the meantime, feel free to borrow any of my graphics or images for non-commercial purposes to review, promote, or share the love of books.
Nope! I have several stand-alones (stories that are complete in one volume). If you don't like committing to a series, try Stepbrother Thief, Taming Her Boss, or Football Dick. If you do like series, I have several different ones of varying lengths to choose from here.
If you check the events page, you can find release dates for the next books in each series. I try to finish series in a timely manner, but sometimes life gets in the way! Also, sometimes the muse just isn't singing the right tune for a particular story at a particular time. Rather than try to force something out, I wait until I can make the book perfect so you know it's always worth the wait. I will NEVER leave a series unfinished. Even if takes a while, rest assured: if you have started a series, I've got a plan. I will eventually publish all the sequels and they will be killer awesome. ;)
Soon! LOL Check out the events page for release dates and my writing schedule. In the past, I have struggled with release dates as I tend to be a very artistic person who goes with the flow of her inner muse. ;) I've learned a lot in the past year and intend to keep releases much closer together from now on.
I just write a TON! Basically, it's what I do in place of watching TV or hiking or making yarn dolls to sell on Etsy. ;) It's just my art, y'all! I've been writing fiction since before I can even remember. That, and I work my butt off. Sometimes I spend up to twenty hours straight with minimal breaks during a typical workday just to get a book done.
Primarily, I write for adults. When I do dabble outside that range, I do slightly more mature young adult (16+ generally). The only exception to this is my middle grade fantasy series that I wrote for my little brother: Chryer's Crest. If you want to know which books are safe for your teenager to read, check out this page here.
Wonderful! I look forward to working with you. =D Use this form to sign up for any or all of the above. If you're looking for a specific promotion, check out my events page for more information. Working with bloggers is one of the best parts of my job; I can't wait for you and your reviewers to taste your first C.M. Stunich book!
Absolutely! Email me at author(at)cmstunich.com with the dates you'd like me to do it and I'll check my schedule. I have a pretty tough writing schedule for 2017, but I should be able to fit in most invites for either C.M. Stunich, Violet Blaze or both.
Sure thing! If you're looking for specific items or are on a tight deadline, email me at author(at)cmstunich.com. Otherwise, fill out this form for general donations any time of the year for any reason.
12. Will you help me promote my blog to your readers?
If you review a C.M. Stunich or Violet Blaze book or host me for a takeover or giveaway, I will share your page will all of my Facebook and Twitter followers. <3
13. I'm a blogger and I reviewed your book. Can you put an excerpt of my review on your front cover, back cover, or Amazon product page?
If your blog provides an honest positive review of one of my books, I may consider including it on one of those sources. If you'd like to be considered for that, please email me at author(at)cmtunich.com with a link to your blog page and to the review. Thank you!
Book Buying Questions
Excellent question! My books are sold all over the place! For a complete list of retailers, check the buttons below. If a site is not listed here, then they are not offering legal copies of my work. Please report any illegal file sharing sites to author(at)cmstunich.com. I appreciate your help chasing down pirates ... argh! =)
For now, I don't have books in any brick and mortar stores although there are three sources to buy paperback copies. I have plans to get some of my books traditionally published soon, so you may start seeing me in stores! Yay! For more detailed purchasing information, check out each book's individual page.
Sure can! Head on over to my shop to browse, add items to your cart, and then press checkout. You can pay with Paypal or via credit or debit through Square payments. There's a ton of cool stuff over there, and all the paperbacks are hand signed and personalized by yours truly. <3
16. I ordered signed paperbacks/swag packs/etc from you. When do I get my order?
17. How can I get in contact with you?
When you checkout, you'll see some notes about order processing and shipping. Generally, since I have to hand sign and personalize all orders, I can only allocate 1-2 days a month away from my writing schedule to work on these. It can take up to six weeks to receive your order, so please plan accordingly!
MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK – Send me a private message on one of my Facebook pages:
USE THE CONTACTS PAGE – Click Here and Fill out the Form
TWEET ME ON TWITTER, BABE – Ask me a question ❥ https://twitter.com/CMStunich
SEND ME AN EMAIL – For more complicated inquiries, this is the best method. Click here or send an email to author(at)cmstunich.com
18. I wrote you a message/email. How long will it take you to get back to me?
19. I wrote you a message/email a long time ago and never got a response. What's up?
As quickly as I can! One of the things that makes this job worth doing is hearing from my readers, so rest assured that I do read every message, Facebook tag, and email that comes my way, but it's not unusual to get a hundred plus notifications in a day, so it can take me some time to respond. Also, I get a lot of spam in my email so I have a very aggressive filter. Sometimes things get lost! Don't ever be afraid to follow up on a previous message. If you don't get a response, please don't be upset! I am crazy busy, so it's nothing personal. Remember: I love your faces! =)
I'm so sorry to hear that! I do my absolute best to respond to every message and email, but sometimes it's just not possible, not if I want to keep putting out books for your reading enjoyment. ;) I do read everything that comes across my desk, but sometimes I just can't respond the way I'd like to. I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to send me a message; thank you!
20. I want to meet you in person! When/where is your next book signing? And can you come to CITY/STATE/COUNTRY next?
Click here to be taken to my signings page. You'll find a complete list of all the locations and dates I've confirmed thus far as well as pre-orders (if available) for each event. If you have a request for a location that's not listed, click here and fill out the form. I can't wait to meet you!
22. I won a prize from you/another blog or author in your name and I haven't gotten it. Whats up with that?
21. I have a manuscript I want to send you. Will you read it?
Congratulations on your manuscript! I wish I could read it, but due to crazy legal issues I can't. I suggest finding a local or online writing group and sharing your piece with them. Best of luck!
Uh-oh! I'm so sorry! I'm not sure why you haven't received your prize yet. Please send an email to author(at)cmstunich.com and I'll get that taken care of ASAP.
23. I have an idea for a book! Can I send it to you?
25. I'm a fellow author, can you come to my release party/page and do an interview or a takeover?
24. I'm a fellow author, can you read my published book and provide an endorsement?
That's awesome that you have a book idea! I can't accept any story ideas from anyone due to the legal complications that could arise. Besides, I have about ten notebooks filled to bursting with new ideas! Thank you so much for offering though!
Maybe! I only endorse books that I've had the time to fully read and enjoy. Please send your inquiry to author(at)cmstunich.com with the cover, blurb, and purchase links and I'll let you know if it looks like a good fit!
Absolutely! Schedule permitting, of course, but please shoot me a message on Facebook or send me an email with the date(s) you need me and we'll work it out.
26. I'm a fellow author and I need donations for a release party/auction/etc, can you donate?
27. I am a literary agent, publisher, or other professional looking to talk with you, how should I contact you?
28. Where can I learn more about you and your books?
Good question! First, check out my bio page! Next, browse all of my books in one easy place: the books by cover page. After that, head on over to Amazon and browse my author pages here and here. A few other good places to get information are my Facebook page and my blog.
29. How do you pronounce your last name?
30. Do you have authors/books you recommend? Who is your favorite author of all time?
It's super easy, I promise. ;) Stew (like the soup), and then nitch (as in rhymes with witch or bit...well, let's just say that word you call your lover's ex). Stew-nitch. Oh, and the C.M. stands for the rest of my name, Caitlin Morgan.
This is such a hard question. There are so many great authors out there that I love and appreciate and admire. My favorites list is constantly changing; it'd be hard to pick out just one author or one book. For now, here's a quick list of recommendations:
MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE
BEST MOTORCYCLE CLUB READ
BEST YOUNG ADULT BOOKS
BEST URBAN FANTASY
MY FAVORITE INDIE AUTHORS
31. Who is Violet Blaze? Why do you have a pen name?
32. Where do you get your inspiration from?
33. Where are you from?
34. How many cats/dogs do you have?
Hard Rock Roots
35. How many books are going to be in the Hard Rock Roots series/when is it going to be finished?
36. How many books are in the series beginning with Tasting Never? And when is the series going to be finished?
Tasting Never Series
37. Ty McCabe is amazing! Is he based on a real person/where can I get his contact info?
38. Was this series supposed to be a trilogy? What does Never say Never/Never too Late series mean?
39. Your covers are beautiful! Who designs them?
40. Who are the cover models on your books How can I get in contact with them?